What the hell is a hashtag anyway? #love
Latest posts by Audrey Isbell (see all)
- AVA Virtual Assistance named one of the “BEST ENTREPRENEURIAL COMPANIES IN AMERICA” by ENTREPRENEUR MAGAZINE’S Entrepreneur 360™ List - October 9, 2019
- See Brilliance, Be Brilliant! - October 4, 2019
- “Submit” – A button that can make you “poop your pants”? - August 29, 2019
Great! What the hell is a “thread”? Right!?!
PCmagazine helps to define a thread as:
“A running commentary of text messages pertaining to one topic or question.”
The benefits of using hashtags are many, but here are a few:
- Hashtags help audiences filter what they are viewing.
- They help businesses reach target audiences/a defined demographic.
- Strategic use of hashtags can help thought leaders build their communities.
What is hashtag abuse, and how to avoid #overkill:
Have you ever followed a person/brand only to find that every post was harder and harder to digest simply due to hashtags? If you discovered them by way of hashtag/filtered search results, you may not have noticed it right away. When you land on your media newsfeed now, you see a post that’s a billion miles long — mainly hashtags!!!…
Ugh! Unsubscribe. Block. Remove. Unfollow. Unfriend. Report Abuse.
LOL! Kinda joking about those last two… KINDA.
That really isn’t the kind of “abuse” that social media platforms are looking to have reported, but for many of us, it does feel like abuse on the senses. It doesn’t take much to be visually stimulated (okay- get your brain out of the gutter). We build graphic designs, ads, and logos for people sometimes, so please, increase engagement in a way that won’t make me dizzy.
Need help with executing marketing tasks? Contact Us.